Thursday, April 19, 2007

Quill Lace Socks

I decided not to waste any time before diving into another sock. Surprise, surprise. My latest endeavor is the quill lace socks from the current (??) issue of Knitty. I'm liking the pattern now, but found it a little tedious at first. I'm often that way when I first start something new. Now that I have it in my head and can just do it, the sock and I are getting along better. Oh, and this is my Little Bunny Foo Foo medium weight STR. See the resemblance to Lucy??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a detail of the lace.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I made some sort of heinous mistake on the cuff and ended up with surplus of stitches. I did my best to fix it but knew as I was doing it that it wasn't exactly working out. I should have been less lazy and ripped back a few rows, but I don' really care too much. You can see a pretty obvious screw up here in the middle two columns.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's in the back of the sock and it's not like a person could tell (I hope) without really looking. The sock also has an 'Eye of Partridge' heel, which I don't think I've even done before. It's not all that different stitch wise from my usual slip stitch heel, but there's quite a contrast in appearance.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've gotta play around with my camera some more and figure out how to get shots that have more color accuracy. I keep getting wither really dark photos or the flash bleaches everything out so much that my pictures look either black & white or like a giant shiny thing. I'll have to put that on my to-do list. That's all for now : )

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I love how this pattern works with the yarn. I didn't think much of the pattern when I first saw it, but now... I just might have to try it.

Lindsay said...

that sock looks really cool. i especially like the heel. damn you people! stop tempting me with socks!