Monday, July 23, 2007

Have I gone mad?

I really don't have time to be doing this right now as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is laying, 3 chapters from completion, at my side. I came in from my porch to get some lunch and while I was eating, I opened up my copy of Victorian Lace Today. I must have been eating some funky pizza because I immediately placed an order for yarn to make the huge, gigantic, terribly time consuming full hexagon spider web shawl. It's gorgeous, yes, bu it may very well be the end of me. Ravelry proved useful once again in yarn choice, as I did not see spending mucho dinero on practically 2000 yards of kidsilk haze as a viable option. Instead, I shall sport what I call the "unemployment" version, crafted out of Kniticks Alpaca Cloud in a shade called Autumn Heather.
Okay, I'm off to read.

3 comments:

Large Marge said...

I got the Charmed Knits book and want to make MANY things...
Darn that book!!!

Nittany Knits said...

I have yarn purchased already for almost every pattern in that book, and have yet to knit one. So, while you may have purchased it, it doesn't mean that you will ever knit with it!

Lindsay said...

Ah yes, good point. I am, however, going to make a concerted effort to actually do this one. My time frame is quite extended, however, and I'm not going to aim to have it completed until I go to Italy next year....where it will be properly hot and stuffy enough to cover myself with a humongous alpaca shawl.