Monday, January 21, 2008

What???

So the other day we were out and my mom said something about how messed up it was that she had a daughter who knits and she's the only person she knows who doesn't own a scarf or hat. This is from the woman who has specifically told me on several occasions not to knit anything for her because she wouldn't use it. From this experience, I opted to ignore her comment. Night before last, though, she called me to say that she had been feeling sorry for herself because she didn't have a scarf and gloves. I reminded her again today of her earlier comments, but it's been decided that I'll make her the scarf and gloves that she wants. She wanted some cashmere but for the set, that would be quite expensive. I ended up choosing Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky for the scarf and some DK for the gloves. I've never tried the stuff myself, but I've heard good things. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Nittany Knits said...

It would have been REALLY funny if she had been asking for a pair of socks :-)